Important Updates Regarding Covid-19.
As of July 1, 2020, Vieques has experienced ZERO cases of Covid-19. As we reopen our doors to tourism, El Blok has put in place measures to give you, our guests, peace of mind and to protect our most valuable asset, our Staff. Please be sure that you read over our Health and Safety Program below. All regulations will be strictly enforced. It is also important to note that Vieques does NOT have a hospital at this time. Should you experience a medical emergency or symptoms of Covid-19 on island you will be taken to an urgent care facility and must await transport to the main island via ferry or medivac flight.
Our Commitment to the Safety of our Community:
- At this time, El Blok will only be hosting guests who currently reside in Puerto Rico. A valid Puerto Rico picture ID will be required at check in for each person in your party. There will be no exceptions to this rule. If you don't have a PR ID, we won't be able to host you.
- Each time you enter the building, our staff will need to conduct non-invasive temperature checks via a thermo-scan thermometer. This policy is place for guests, staff, and property visitors. Anyone with a temperature over 100.5 degrees Fahrenheit will not be allowed to enter the property.
- All guests will receive a form to fill out from the Department of Tourism. These forms will be kept on file for a minimum of one year and should it be requested, will be turned over to the Department of Health of Puerto Rico.
- Guests are required to use face masks whenever possible. This includes entering and exiting the building, your room, the elevator, and our food and beverage outlets. If you do not have one, or misplace yours, we are happy to provide you with one.
- All room keys will be properly sanitized prior to check in and after check out.
- All luggage must be sanitized upon arrival. Unfortunately at this time, do to distancing requirements, we are unable to store luggage prior to check-in or after check-out. CHECK IN IS AT 4PM. CHECK OUT IS AT 12NOON.
- Housekeeping services and room cleaning protocols will be explained at check-in and we will establish a room cleaning schedule with you at that time.
- Hand Sanitizer dispensers will be placed through-out the property for your convenience. There will also be health and hygiene reminders in the form of signage posted in various locations around the property to serve as gentle reminders to stay masked up and maintain social distance.
Following CDC and local health authority guidelines, guests and staff will be advised to practice physical distancing by remaining at least six (6) fee away from groups of people not traveling with them while standing in lines, using the elevator, moving around the property, or while seated in public spaces. Back of the house/Staff areas will also implement proper distancing protocols as well.
Through-out the property, we will meet state and local health guidelines on proper social distancing and correct signage will be posted reminding guests of this and explaining current procedures:
- The Elevator: Due to space constraints, those not traveling in the same group are not permitted to ride the elevator together.
- Lines: Any area where guests must form a line will be clearly marked with signage to ensure social distancing requirements are met.
- Bars and Restaurants: Seating has been arranged to maintain both proper distancing requirements and occupancy limits. We highly recommend making reservations should you wish to dine with us so that we can ensure there is space for you and your guests.
- The Rooftop: In order to ensure you can enjoy the rooftop space, we cannot allow non-hotel guests to the roof at this time.
Our cleaning and sanitizing procedures have always been key, but now more than ever, cleaning is paramount to safety. We have updated all of our procedures to meet current health guidelines for an effective sanitation program. We use cleaning products which meet EPA guidelines and are effective against virus, bacteria, and other airborne and blood borne pathogens.
The frequency of cleaning of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces like counters, elevators, door handles, railings, room keys, locks, the ATM, and all dining areas.
Housekeeping: Guest Room Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Housekeeping services will not be offered in occupied rooms during this time. We are happy to provide you with extra towels and amenities upon request.
- Optimum cleaning and sanitizing protocols are used to clean guest rooms with emphasis on high touch items including your bathroom, door and furniture handles, light switches, temperature control panels, drape and curtain pulls, luggage racks and flooring. Housekeeping carts and equipment will be sanitized at the start and end of each shift.
- All reusable collateral including compendiums, ice buckets, water bottles, etc. will be removed from rooms and provided to guests upon request.
- All bed and bath linen will be washed at high temperatures in accordance with CDC guidelines. Dirty linen will be bagged in the guest room to eliminate excess contact while being transported to the laundry.
- In the event of a suspected case of Covid-19, the guest room will be removed from service and quarantined. It will not be returned to service until enhanced sanitization protocol by a licensed third party is conducted.
To see the complete details of Puerto Rico Tourism Company's Health and Safety Guidelines, click HERE
Please remember that while Vieques welcomes travelers and visitors, it is home to 9000 inhabitants. It is our mission and duty as global citizens to keep our population here safe. Island-wide curfew is in effect at the moment from 10pm to 6am and there are designated "resident only" areas. Please respect these guidelines so that we can all successfully coexist in Vieques during these strange new times.
There is much to look forward to, and nothing better than to start planning. Travel Safely. Wear your masks. Wash your hands. We are delighted to have you visit!